Saarinen



I've been dreaming of finding this saarinen dining room table at a garage sale for about six months. I still have faith I'll find it. If not, I was excited to see the Ikea knockoff in person over the holiday. Much nicer than the cb2 version.
I don't care so much about the tulip chairs - I love them, but I kind of like the idea of mixing not-so-matchy chairs with the table. Maybe the "hippie chair" from cb2? Or better yet, a white L-shaped couch with buttoned cushions and tapered legs...

It's a daydream.

In the meantime, I'll be admiring some of eero saarinen's other work: The Gateway Arch. I'm visiting St. Louis this weekend for my cousin's wedding, and I'm really excited to see it in person. I had no idea until tonight that you can go inside it! yippee.

2 comments:

  1. During your St. Louis visit, I would like to submit for your consideration checking out the City Museum

    I haven't actually been myself, but I've heard good things from friends who have. It's kinda like a Discovery Zone/jungle gym plus an aquarium and other stuff, but more for adults and somewhat outdoors. Also perhaps less safe. Seriously look at how badass this looks!

    You've got to check it out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That looks totally "badass".

    We're kinda at the mercy of a very tight wedding schedule, and unfortunately, I think Sean and I may have just napped through the only opportunity to do any site seeing. Including riding the elevator inside the arch. (*frowny face*)

    There's a slight possibility that the reception is at the City Museum. That would be awesome.

    Off to make mediocre coffee in the bathroom and then meet up with cousins I haven't seen since prepubescence.

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete