Smitty's BBQ



If you visit Austin, be sure to let me know and I'll take you to eat the best BBQ you've ever had in your life. Seriously. Everyone in Austin has their own Central Texas favorite, but most will agree Smitty's Market can't be beat for history, atmosphere, and...meat.

Nina Schmidt Sells opened Smitty's in 1999 in the same building that held her father's Kreuz Market for over 50 years. Just like in the olden days, there's no bbq sauce and no forks, but they do serve potato salad, slaw, beans, avocado, onion, cheese and jalapenos.






More photos from our recent excursion can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to there.

    Also, I haven't checked in in a while because I was so used to you updating onlt twice a year. Good job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete