Academy Awards

If I had it my way, every year, I'd see everything nominated for the Academy Awards. Yes, it's a self-congratulatory public relations game created by the industry and some movies that I think are deserving are often overlooked (Let the Right One In???) It's a long, drawn out, materialistic spectacle with predictable results. But every spring, I look forward to getting cozy on the couch to watch celebrities walk the red carpet in their gowns and tuxedos, tear up during acceptance speeches, and shake my fist at the TV when I think some one deserving loses. For me, the Academy Awards are an unmissable event.

In a mad scramble, I have managed to see all the films nominated for best picture except 'The Reader'. Here are my predictions for the main categories...





Best Picture
'Slumdog Millionaire'












Best Director
Danny Boyle














Best Actress
Kate Winslet ('The Reader')
















Best Actor
Mickey Rourke ('The Wrestler')


















Best Supporting Actress
Taraji P. Henson






















Best Supporting Actor
Heath Ledger




















Best Animated Film
'WALL-E'













Anyone wanna wager a bet???

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited in a long while, but it's your own fault for going through that period where you almost never updated. I got out of the habit of checking for new posts. I'm glad to see you're updating frequently now. I'll try to visit frequently too. I'm not sure how much I can comment on design and fashion. But I'll absorb and appreciate. As for the Oscars, I picked the same folks you picked. At least I beat Amy in our own personal Oscar pool. (We do all the categories, not just the big ones.)

    ReplyDelete