upon a star


Tonight, if I could have one wish, it would be that some nice guy would pick me up on his vespa and take me over to our friend's house where we would watch a boxing match and drink prosecco with a plate of organic fruit and cheese and when the match was over we'd watch a carl th. dreyer film, maybe Vampyr, and when it was over, we talk about it a little, but not too much, maybe just something like, "That's gotta be the greatest vampire film ever made - a masterpiece of the horror genre! Cheers!" And then I'd say "I really want to visit Denmark", and my friends would go silent and look at me puzzled, and say, "That was a German film" but in the nicest way possible, and then someone would point out, "well I think though, that Dreyer is Danish." And I'd say "Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant" and we'd all have a good laugh. Then I'd point at something on their shelf, and say, "What is wet magazine?" And they'd explain, and then pull out their collection of all 34 issues. We'd look through those until my ride would say "it's time to take you home" and we'd travel by moonlight and I would tuck myself into bed with a smile.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah I know. However, a nice boy did come pick me up in his honda and take me to have Mexican food and even allowed Christine to tag along without any complaints. So that was pretty swell! Only thing that was missing was the culture, but we're going to see a live version of HSM this weekend - so that will take care of that, wont it. (that's a statement not a question)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if boxing qualifies as culture. Which reminds me, only minor fights are on Thursdays, the biggest ones are always on Saturdays. So you should wish for this on a Saturday not a Thursday. Also, boxing usually doesn't start until between 9-10pm (EST), with the main event often coming much later. Therefor I think you should watch Vampyr before the fight, not after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HSM=High School Musical. And I stand corrected on the timing of events- you're right, I'll re-wish every thing for tomorrow. Except, tomorrow I think I'm going to see Harry Potter at the IMAX in 3D. Are you jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. High School Musical? Harry Potter? For shame, Jessica, for shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxT0wufVkg

    ReplyDelete