Over the Weekend - Domesticated


I made this over the weekend and it was waaay good. Like banana bread only, well - strawberries.
Strawberry Bread
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
2 pkgs (10 oz. each) frozen strawberries, thawed OR a pint of fresh, hulled and sliced
1 1/4 cup oil
4 eggs, well beaten

Mix together the dry ingredients. Make a hole in the center of the mexture and pour strawberries oil, eggs into the hole. Mix by hand iuntil well mixed. Pour into greased and gloured pan and bake at 350ยบ for one hour. Cool and remove from pan. Makes one large loaf or 3 miniature loaves.
From Texas Favorites, an H.E.B. cookbook from 1985




I also spent a lot of time in the yard.

I planted squash, jalapenos and tomatoes, turned the compost, built a raised bed and transplanted two agave from pots to the ground.

John helped.

Oh, and look at this caterpillar I almost touched. Eeeew. I know they're harmless, but I don't find them cute, I think they're creepy.

And, garage sale finds:

1 comment:

  1. I will have to make this! I am over run with strawberries now that I get Greenling. They keep bringin me the same stuff. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete