Random Assortment

Okay, so I'm only sorta back. Only enough so that my handful of readers wont officially erase me from their bookmarks.

I'm not sure what to write about. A lot has been going on.

Ummmm... Like a lot. So much, that I don't know where to start so I think I'll just talk about....

Mr. Zip

Introduced in 1963 to encourage people to use the new zoning improvement plan (zip) codes. Ethel Merman sang zip-pa-dee-doo-dah in the commercials. They phased him out in the 70's, but he is on the zip code lookup webpage. He's cute!




Light Emitting Wallpaper

This is the coolest thing I've seen in awhile. I mean, man - the future is now.
"One can turn off the lighting, makin
g the wallpaper a standard wall ornament, or have it turned on and enjoy the transition of multiple patterns. When the lights within the wallpaper are in the 'Off' position, the wallpaper is indistinguishable from any other wall covering surface, and when they are in the 'On' position the wall emits a nice glow that can illuminate a small room." I'd prefer to not have the "transition of multiple patterns", but whatever.

And lastly..Happy Thanksgiving.

My job leads me to all sorts of strange sites. This has gotta be one of the most astounding. Yes, it's Tampon Crafting - "for anytime of the month."

2 comments:

  1. Is it any coincidence that Mr. Zip came about around the same time doctors were handing out Dexedrine like candy?

    Also, besides being sorta gross (brown tampons bring to mind less turkey than other substances), tampon crafting seems to be for those with more disposable income than myself. It takes 70 to make the turkey, and those things ain't cheap.

    ReplyDelete